Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Disney's Hollywood Studios - Balloon Ride

I think our second layout for Scrap Club has to be one of my favorites in a long time. I combined a lot of stamped images and the Balloon Ride complements along with stitching to tie my photos all together.


We love Disney and we love Hollywood Studios. I took some of my favorite photos from this trip and put them all together on a page. We've been enough times I don't need to scrap each ride or show that we see. It's fun to tell the stories behind how my daughter and I love to watch Castle and always are anxious to see if they still have Castle featured and take a photo with it as well as the infamous umbrella from Singing in the Rain. This particular trip was when Monsters University was coming out so the front of the park was decorated all up for it. Loved this movie and totally had to include some favorite moments playing in front of it.

I used the Balloon Ride complements again to help with titling the page along with adding jute to it for added dimension and interest.

The stitching guide makes sewing on your layouts so easy. I added zig zag stitching to the strips of paper as well as a scallop stitch along the left edge of the paper. You could easily use a border punch with paper but I love the texture and look of the stitching.

I used a lot of stamped embellishments to finish off the page. Layering and clustering them together makes a great economical embellishment. Be sure to add foam dots to some of your pieces for added dimension. 

I hope you don't get tired of seeing the reel stamp but it is my all time favorite to use right now and I always seem to see if I can tie it in somehow. The Hostess Washi tape stamp is another favorite. Now I can add perfectly color matched washi to all of my projects.


Links for club details and the supplies used in June's Club layouts. I'd love for you to join us each month.
Scrap Club

Products Used in my samples
Make It from Your Heart How-To Pattern Books Vol 1 & Vol 2
X7180B Balloon Ride Paper Packet
X7180C Balloon Ride Complements
Z1857 Rosewood Mini Medley
Z1812 Sparkles Clear Flourishes
D1558 Washi Wonder Stamp set (Hostess Only stamp)
C1575 True to Life stamp set
Z1333 Mocha Opaques (Retired)
Ink Pads - Saddle, Sorbet, and Juniper
Z1852 Stitching Guide
Z1859 Foam Pad
Z1114 Piercing Tool
Embroidery Floss

While your shopping don't forget to check out this months 2 promotions for only $5 each. Details are on the side of my blog or the links below.
Stamp of the Month
Celebrate 30






I hope you enjoyed seeing the  Balloon Ride Collection and my interpretation of it.

Shop at
for all your scrappy needs.



Hugz
Tina Gale

No comments: