Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Knight to Remember

I have a layout today that I used the new Cricut Art Philosophy again. I absolutely love this cart. It is so versatile! I can't wait for you to see what just one cut can do to make a complete layout. This is my beautiful daughter that just turned 17. My  where have the years gone?
I cut the background top note at 10 1/4" and the blue one at 10 3/4" to create a border. I cut it again at 3" to create the journaling block. Can you believe 3 cuts of the same shape made this complete layout?!

 The picture just do not do this layout justice. The bling is so sparkly and pretty. The paper is a glitter paper from DCWV Linen pack. The flower is made with some blue silk cut in circle shapes and then heating the edges to cause them to curl up. Layer them up and you have a gorgeous flower. A couple of feathers and a hat pin to finish it off. I used a bling buckle and crystal swirls from Hobby Lobby. The ribbon is some from a swap so I'm not sure the brand.
I hope you enjoy my layout today as much as I enjoyed creating it. I think it turned out as beautiful as my lovely daughter and her knight in shining armor.
I'm submitting this to the My Craft Spot Design Team. Be sure to check out the blog for great challenges, terrific stamps, and gorgeous crinkle ribbon!
I'm also submitting it to
Cooking with Cricut Anything Goes Challenge
Ribbon Carousel Anything Goes with Ribbon challenge
Hugz
Tina Gale

8 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

You have a very lovely daughter! Such a great layout, too! I love the flower and all the bling!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Wow, this LO is beautiful... I've been seeing a lot of projects made with art philosophy and the more I see, the more I want it! Awesome job!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful layout! I love all of the bling and your beautiful flower! Wow!

Kimberly

Madison said...

You did an amazing job with this LO! I really like the design and colors of this project. I hope your daughter had fun at the dance. We are almost the same age:) I'm a junior this year:) TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut:)
~Madison CWC DT Funkycards.blogspot.com

Angela Thomas said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at the RCC.

Kate said...

What a gorgeous layout! I love the paper combination - and the play on words is fantastic!!
Good luck with the My Craft Spot Design Team call!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Beckie said...

Great job. Best of Luck. I'm a hopeful too ;) New follower.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Jen said...

Beautiful LO, Tina! Your daughter is gorgeous, too! Thanks for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com