Friday, July 15, 2011

So Fun Circus Layout

Hello! This is Tina Gale again with Sweet Sassy Design Team challenge of the week of a circus theme. I decided to work with photos from the Cricut Stampede in March. Our first night we had a wonderful dinner of fair food and carnival games. It was a great way to start a very fun weekend.
Remember you can always click on the photos to see them up closer.
I chose some fun paper from Imaginisce and let it set the tone for my layout.  
I cut the tent several times out of different paper to paper piece it since it didn't have layers. This is really easy to do when a certain cut doesn't have the layer button.
I cut the clouds twice with one being 1/4" bigger to layer them as well. This is another trick to add layers to your cuts.
The clown is popdotted up for dimension along with a couple of cute tiny buttons to add texture.
A tag for a secondary title or extra journaling. You can also see a little detail I added to the tent up close. I used my Sew Easy and a marker to add faux stitching to the tent. A couple of swirl clips give the illusion of holding the sides back and a couple of brads for the tent tie downs all adds dimension and that extra little bit to make the layout extra special.
The second page I kept pretty simple with just a few great cuts to tie it all together.
The sun is a favorite cut of mine and a couple of smaller tickets for extra journaling and notes finish the layout. I may also use the clouds for more journaling space if I need it.
Details:
Cartridges:
Paper Doll Dress Up - tent pg 58 Accessory 3 cut fit to page out of several different papers
  I used Daisy D paper for the blue strip and some Coredinations card stock
PDDU - Clown pg 58  5 1/4"
Create a Critter - Clouds pg 55 from 2" - 2 3/4"
Doodlecharms - Sun 2"

Paper:
Imaginisce - Animal Crackers, Come One Come All, background bottom
Colorbok - Red Rick Rac Border, mat and scalloped border
Die Cuts with a View - background

Misc:
Sew Easy
Swirl clips
Buttons
Cat eye inks
Creative Memories Black pen

Thanks for taking the time to check out my layout and be sure to visit me at my blog for more great layouts.
Hugz
Tina Gale

No comments: