Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thinking of You

My Expression2 Anniversary Edition arrived yesterday on my birthday! How perfect was that? I quickly got it updated without any issues. Yeah! I packed away one of my Expressions and put it in it's place then I just sat and admired it for a minute. LOL 
I decided to try and make a quick card from the Just a Note cartridge that comes preloaded on it before I had to leave for work. I also wanted to make something for the current circle challenge. This is what I came up with.
 It's very simple but I think it has some wow factor still yet. One of them being I made it in under 30 minutes learning how to use the new E2 at the same time.
 The middle flap I used my embossing tool and ran a line down the center of the petals then creased them a bit, inked, and added a button. I used ric rac for the stems. I think the creasing really made them pop as well as the inking.
 A close up of the details on the flowers.
 One think I'm not sure I'm wild about is the lack of detail on the phrases. It's like the shadow feature so it's a little hard to read certain letters. I added a button on the o to get the circle effect.
Last I used some twine from the twine share I just hosted. I LOVE it! It's so heavy and bright. I can see using a lot of twine on coming projects.


I still have some twine left for anyone that is interested in receiving a sample pack of colored twine to play with. I know you'll love it! Just send me a not and I'll send you the price and details.

Hope you enjoyed my quick little card to get me started on the E2. If you just got yours are expecting it I would recommend getting it updated first thing and clearing a space for it. It takes up the same amount of space as the current Expression does. On the 3rd page of the manual is a key to all the buttons, copy it off and laminate it. It will be a huge help as you read through the manual and when you actually get started with your machine. I think there's a bit of a learning curve to the E2 but I don't think it's going to be a difficult one. I am in love already with it. It cuts so smooth and is actually quieter than my Expression. It's so easy to design on but I do have to warn you when you get ready to cut you have to tell  it to cut a ton of times. LOL It has several checks before it cuts. I got used to it quick but it is a bit comical.

Hugz
Tina Gale

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on receiving your E2. I'm still waiting. Lovely card, love the colors.

Hugs
Dusti

Ladybug said...

Tina, what an absolutely awesome blog you have! Found you from the Cricut MB (so glad I did!) :-)

Your projects are beautiful. Loved the banner you made for the Stampede. Brought tears to my eyes w/ what happened to it. Glad, tho, you were able to salvage it. I'm an owl lover from waaaaay back so it really got to me.

Your contest LO was gorgeous. You should've won something for that for all of the detail that went into it!!!

Didn't take me long to click on "follow me". :-)

Randi said...

Love the card and love that you used the twine. I got mine the otherday safe and sound. I can not wait to play too!

Josie0602 said...

I love the twine I got in your share!! I used it to make a tassel for my son's college grad card. Glad I found your blog!!
Tracy
www.scrappininthwoods.blogspot.com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Just stopping by to check out your blog and I’m so glad I did!
I’m now following you too.

Thanks for playing along in the Disney Pixar Blog Hop
and for leaving me such a nice comment.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Nadia's World said...

Happy Birthday! What an awesome way to bring it in! :)

I love your card. It is beautiful...love the flowers, colors and the detail you added to your card. Very nice!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will definitely be back to check you out!

Nicole