Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Midsummer Tilda

This may be my favorite one yet of the new stamps. This card turned a little shabby chic and I'm loving it.

The paper is from the Basic Gray line Lemonade and I really think I need to get some more of it. I inked everything up with my cat eye inks and distressing inks. Of course stickles on the headband and a little on her pinafore. She's colored with copic markers and I promise when I get more I will list the colors I use but for now I mix so much because I'm just starting out it wouldn't do anyone much good. The pink strip was punched with a Martha Stewart punch along both sides.


The flower is cut from Forever Young and my cricut with a pearl glued to the center. I tied a charm from the piece of ribbon and called her done.
I hope you like her as much as I do. I'm entering her in the following challenges

Magnolia Down Under - charms by April 30
PaperSundaes - 3 pp, 2 cs, 1 flower by April 28

Thank all of you for your lovely comments
Hugz
Tina

Don't forget about the Magnolia Image Swap. You can read all about it on the first post of my blog

23 comments:

Carol said...

You have achieved what is difficult for me...combining patterns, colors and embellishments without overwhelming the focal point!!! Distressing the edges w/ink causes Tilda to be 'front and center'!!! Yes, your paper choice is perfect...will need to check out that line! TFS

Peggie said...

So very charming. Love the charm and of course Tilda.

CarlaKH said...

This is just beautiful! Love the coloring on Tilda.. gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Debra James said...

What a pretty card. I love the image and the papers are perfect. The flowers look fab. Thanks for playing with Magnolia Down Under Challenges, hugs xxx

Sheri said...

Tina.... She's gorgeous and that Basic Grey paper is one of my favorites too! Great job!!!

Christina C. said...

Gorgeous card, Tina. I'm loving all the images in this new collection.

Leslie Anne Avila said...

TIna,
You do not disappoint. THis is a wonderful mix of all things fabulous! Keep on posting your works of art!
<3,
Leslie Avila

Suzanne C said...

Very beautiful! Love the coloring and the papers. :0)

Barb Hardeman said...

So, so pretty! Your combination of papers and the distressing are wonderful! Tilda really pops out beautifully...

Crystal said...

This is such a pretty card! I love your colouring and the paper combo is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Carlotta Vachon said...

Very, very cute card! The coloring is great.

Bananastamper said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the inking. So glad you were able to join us at Paper Sundaes!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just precious and so very sweet--love the soft and vintage colors!

hugz,
Suzanne

Cami said...

Love your shabby-chic look! Pretty colors and beautiful coloring. Love the charm you added. Hugs, Cami

Shelley said...

This is a lovely shabby chic card. Great job with the colouring. hugs shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Tracy S said...

So pretty! I love your paper choices and the distressing.. Totally loving that dangling charm too.. it is the perfect touch.

HappyCrafter said...

Great job with the Shabby look, it came out gorgeous! That little charm is super cute too. Glad you joined us this week at Paper Sundaes.

Debbie Pamment said...

Wow – what a fabulous job you’ve done with the challenge – your card is “charming”.
Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Jodie from Oz said...

Charming card, Tilda is adorable and coloured beautifully. A wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under this week. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Jane said...

This is so beautiful! your colouring is gorgeous and I love the papers! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful card!!! Loving the colors!!

Thanks for playing with Magnolia down Under Challenges, hugs xxx

Stempeltiger said...

WOW! Such a really charming card Tina!
Tilda is adorable and coloured beautifully.
Love it.
Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs, Swantje x

Stine Ursin said...

Your cards are so darling!! Great coloring with the copics!